Thursday, October 21, 2010

I believe in evolution because I have to

If the theory of evolution is true, people must believe that it's true. In other words, it's not intellectual decision, but only a chemical reaction.

Quotes and comments;

A. In the move Expelled we see William Provine tell us that if you believe in evolution you cannot believe in free will, ethics, etc. (He's very passionate... but why.) He seems to have bought the myth (from scientism) that everything must reduce to physics.

- He tells us 'I never wish for a moment I had free will...' (I don't believe him for a second.)

B. Peter Atkins tells us 'religion is pure fantasy...'

- Really? How would he know that? Does he believe the chemical reactions in his brain deliver up to him absolute truth about ideas? (A cynic might call this pure fantasy.)

He concludes his sound bite by telling us 'it's evil as well.' Gee; is there some reason he believe the chemical reactions in his brain are giving the truth about this concept called religion? Hmm... I wonder why he believes that. Are some chemicals causing him to believe this?

Notes;
1. Expelled; No intelligence allowed
I encourage you to watch the film... it's informative, clever and humorous.